{Foto Friday}

A Friday ritual.
A couple photos - simple captions
Capturing moments... simple, special, extraordinary moments. 
Moments for which to pause, savor and remember.

{inspired by www.soulmama.com}


I really want some of our chickens to be tame & easily handled, so I can take them into the elementary school (for the kids studying embryology/egg hatching) and maybe even train some as therapy chickens (yes, there is such a thing!)

 I recently discovered an important factor known as "self selection" — that is, the chicks decide if they want to be tame and handled, not me!

I am very excited that five of our September hatchlings appear to be self-selecting ...

Pharoah (left) is usually the first to fly to my arm & greet me.
Fluffy #8 (roo too?) is happy to just sit on my knee for now.


Fluffy #6 (roo) sits on my arm while Pharoah (roo) checks out the view from my shoulder
 ... so much for inviting them to dinner in a couple months.
Midnight and Marigold (pretty sure they're pullets) come for a visit.