#4 Choppy seas ...


It's week three of my 'cruise' and I will tell you the waters were choppy this past week.

The first week was relatively smooth sailing. Bit of an upset stomach, but nothing major.

Last week, week two, I had a significantly upset stomach, and the lining of my mouth turned to sandpaper, among other symptoms. It peaked this past weekend with flu-like symptoms, and had me laid out for the whole day on Sunday, dealing with chills, fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea, 'sunburnt' lips (one layer of skin left on them), sensitive fingertips, and frequent bathroom visits. Worst thing was that I missed T's YMCA district swim meet (in which she made YMCA States next weekend!!) - but we had the best-est of friends transporting her to/from and cheering for her!! :)

A discussion with the {chemo} oncologist during my weekly visit today determined that my chemo dose was too high and all my side effects were significant enough to take a week off to recover some before starting back on a lower dose next week. They also gave me a 4-hour infusion of hydration fluids, with a cocktail of anti-nausea meds, detox meds, potassium chloride & heartburn meds.

My stomach still feels a little funky, but overall I feel a whole lot better than I was yesterday! I am looking forward to a week without chemo and the 1.5 lb [pump] hanging from my waist. I hope my digestive linings will recover some - the funky mouth/stomach not only affects my ability to eat, but also to concentrate. Hence no blogging for the past while ... and lots of early nights to bed. Most of all I hope to feel well enough to travel to & watch T & her best friends swim at States next week!

Radiation treatments going smoothly. Around 5 minutes a day aimed at my three tattoos {dots} in secluded places! My only complaint is the far-from-anatomically-friendly bed I have to lay on {face down}. Let's just say that I may be inspired to design one for women ;)

Wonderful friends are providing delicious meals two nights a week on the nights that Matt teaches & T swims. And most of the meals are feeding us twice! My work schedule is flexible enough to allow me to attend all my appointments and take care of myself as needed. Friends are hosting play dates and transporting kids to/from activities. My mother-in-law is on speed-dial. And I am buoyed by so many expressions of hope, encouragement, love, and prayer. I am blessed in abundance.

My theme song for this cruise is "Oceans {Where Feet May Fail}" by Hillsong United

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Oh, Jesus, you're my God!

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw

Be joyful always: The joy of the Lord is my strength
Pray continually: I am praying daily for those I know battling cancer & other medical issues, and also for my own healing and comfort from side-effects.
Give thanks in all circumstances: I give thanks for all of you and for your support. {{HUGS}}

I Thessalonians 5:16-17

By God's grace,

Sandii :)

Part I  atr-sp.blogspot.com/2016/02/it-is-what-it-is.html
Part II  atr-sp.blogspot.com/2016/02/itinerary.html
Part III  atr-sp.blogspot.com/2016/02/leap-day.html